Sunday, May 03, 2009

Two Counts of Huzzah


Firstly, Blogger have unlocked my account again so I can actually post. Thank you, Blogger :)

Second, I finally have an agent. I've agreed to have Melissa Jeglinski at the Knight Agency represent me. Melissa is a former Harlequin Editor and I'm thrilled to be working with her, although, I have to say this having an agent lark is taking a while to sink in.

Anyway, she's casting her eyes over a certain project dear to my heart at the moment, before it gets sent into the big wide world... so watch this space for any news.

On a less happy note. My sub for the Black Lace, Affair call didn't make the cut, so I'm in search of a new home for it. It's a bit of an odd story, more focused on the emotional journey of the characters than the erotic aspects (although they are present) so I'm not sure where it'll find a home. We'll see...

6 comments:

Erastes said...

Congrats on the agent, hun! *throws confetti*

MB (Leah) said...

Wow, that's great about getting an agent! NY here you come, right? :)

Umm... why was your blogger locked? That's kind of weird.

That's too bad about Affair. I hope I get to read it one day. I do love me some odd stories. :D

Madelynne Ellis said...

Thanks for the congrats.

They locked my blog because it was suspected of being a spam blog!!! What did I do? Anyway, it's fixed, but it was a bit scary for a while. They give you so many days to responded to them and then they delete you!

Saskia Walker said...

Many congratulations! That's wonderful news!

Sedonia Guillone said...

Hey MAdelynne! I'm so thrilled for you getting an agent! Wow!! *happy dancing*

As for the Affair, I have no doubt you'll get it placed. It's wonderful. (If it's the story I'm thinking of.)

Janine Ashbless said...

Congratulations on the agent Madelynne - well deserved, and we all know there is a market out there for historical erotica, far from the shores of Black Lace, so I'm sure you'll do incredibly well.

Blogger once locked Lust Bites too, for the same reason, and I panicked then - but it seems to be a fairly routine bit of checking so if I'd known I would have told you not to worry.