Monday, June 08, 2009

Gothic Temple




I'm being a very bad blogger at the moment, but real life just keeps getting in the way and upsetting my work patterns. Hopefully, it's relatively back to normal this week and I can concentrate on getting a few of the tasks on my desk done/started/or out of the way.

Meanwhile, as I'm deciding which piece of work to tackle first, I thought I'd share a few images of the Gothic Temple at Stowe. This folly is the building I used as a basis for the folly in Pure Folly. Obviously, I made a few modifications, but the structure is basically the same. Enjoy.

5 comments:

Erastes said...

Ooo - very pretty, and almost exactly how I saw it too!

Lucy Felthouse said...

Is that Stowe as in the landscape gardens near Towcester? If so, I'm going there soon - it looks gorgeous!

MB (Leah) said...

Agrees with Erastes, looks a lot like how I pictured it. So you did a great job of describing it since I didn't know what a folly was, nor have I ever seen one.

I'd be inspired by this as well.

Take your time and deal with life.

By the way, I'm loving your temp titles on the side bar.

Pure m/m Sauciness? Merouww...

Threeway... yumm...

Kinky Girls? Now that one's really a curiosity.

Madelynne Ellis said...

Yep, that's the one. The gardens are owned by the National Trust, but the folly is owned by the Landmark Trust and available to rent as a holiday home.

Madelynne Ellis said...

I love follies, so I've found it rather surprising to find out that most Americans don't know what one is!

I wouldn't get too excited about my temp titles, they probably make things sound far more exciting than they really are. Oh, and Kinky Girls is actually the publishers title for the anthology.