Friday, June 19, 2009

Surprise Packages


This is what the postman brought yesterday. I could comment at length about the cover and the fact that I would never in a million years pick up this book as it clearly appears to be targeted at men, but, sigh... Anyway, after a perusal of the stories inside it appears to be a German translation of the Sex...in Public anthology.

I still find translations strangely weird if fascinating. I mean, how come I've written a story or book that I can't read?

Not much doing on the writing front as there's too much real life interference going on at the moment. Also, I've been on a massive cleaning frenzy. Most of the house looks pretty good, just the bedroom still to tackle, which I have to admit is a complete pigsty. Might sort my desk and filing cabinet out today while I'm percolating ideas.

*****
Recently watched: Nowt
Currently listening to: Birds singing. I think they're nesting in the bush in the garden.
Currently reading: Silent in the Sanctuary by Deanna Raybourne

7 comments:

Nikki Magennis said...

Oh, cool, Madelynne! I'll be in this one too then - and oh my god yes, what a hideous cover!

Madelynne Ellis said...

Yep, you're in there too, Nikki. Maybe the postman will bring yours today.

MB (Leah) said...

Hmm.. I like the American cover version better.

This cover makes it look like Penthouse stories are inside.

This reminds me that I need to read this book. I've had it forever and I just looked inside and so many favorite, including you, authors have a story in it.

Victoria Janssen said...

It's kinda cool that it's in German!

Justine Elyot said...

Crikey at that cover!

It must be a buzz, though, to think of all those German-speaking people reading your story.

Madelynne Ellis said...

It is quite a buzz. I love the various translations I've had of my work.

Kate Pearce said...

I got one too-a nice surprise if a trifle startling cover-wise!