Tuesday, June 02, 2009


Yay! Kiddies are back at school. The sun is shining and the house is nice and cool. I have peace and quiet and a large board full of post it notes. I'm finally starting to piece together the plot to Darleston's book (Wish it had a title.) from all the snippets of scenes that have been tumbling about in my head for ages.

And it's fun. I love Darleston. He totally grew on me while I was working through Fortuna, so I'm rather looking forward to spending months in his company.

The other members of the cast are shaping up nicely too. I'm especially liking the heroine. She's an odd one. Her husband has just summed her up nicely for me. Thank you, Lyle. Villians still need a bit of work though. They're still squabbling about who gets to be the Daddy Villian and who gets royally shafted.

Best of all, I now know why Darleston having a hair cut was so important. Although, there is still the small issue of a certain mark upon his person... hopefully, he'll let me in on the secret en route.

Right, back to it.

*****
Recently watched: Ashes to Ashes
Currently listening to: Interpol
Currently reading: Simply Sinful by Kate Pearce

2 comments:

MB (Leah) said...

OMG, you're so amusing! I love how the characters decide what's going on and you follow along. Love it.

Nice of you to give us updates on what they are doing, interesting buggers. LOL

And Yay, a quiet house again to write in. And newly painted and decorated as well. It feels like a new place no?

Madelynne Ellis said...

Sadly, the decorating isn't finished yet. I still have half the room to go. But, really needed to do some writing.