Saturday, July 25, 2009

Wicked Lady


I took time out from writing on Thursday night to take in a bit of culture. I'm lucky enough to live fairly close to a theatre, so I off I went to see The Wicked Lady, which is about the diabolical Lady Skelton. While not exactly a likeable character, you can't help feeling sorry for her, stuck with a totally boring husband and a set of in laws who are dead but just haven't realised it yet! Seriously, who can blame her for taking to highway robbery for a bit of fun, or for falling for a dashing charmer...

Anyway, the outing also served as a piece of research for Desperate Measures.

Desperate Measures, which has a totally new title that I love, but ain't sharing yet. I've started rewriting it from scratch, altering the language and the way it slots together. I hope it's working. It's certainly grabbing my interest far more than it was in the past. Have to say that it's more historical and less erotic at the moment, although that element does still remain in parts. Can you tell I've started to enjoy it? I actually like the heroine. I may even stay in her pov for the whole book--now there's a novel thought!

*****
Recently watched: The Wicked Lady
Currently listening to: Final Fantasy music
Currently reading: Dark Needs at Night's Edge by Kresley Cole. The previous novel I started Lord John and the Private Matter unfortunately met with an accident involving a small child and a large amount of water.

1 comment:

Victoria Janssen said...

Your description of the rewrite is intriguing me.