Friday, December 11, 2009

Ten minute tapdance

So, that news I had. Turns out it was two counts of good news. I sold a short story and a novel in the space of ten minutes. And get this one, shakes head in disbelief, I actually had two offers for the novel. I've never had that happen before. It makes me feel all loved and wanted.

As for who I've sold these beasties too, I'm keeping quiet about that until things are properly in the bag. I will say that they're both going to new to me publishers, and I'm all excited about it. Especially over the novel. I'm a novelist at heart. I just can't get as worked up over my short story sales.

More details of what and where I've sold things soon, I promise.

Meanwhile, I'm still deep in the mire that is the Bloody Book. I'm loving it, but I'm struggling to find time to actually write at the minute, and then when I do have the time it's difficult to settle. Instead I seem to be doing online jigsaws and bits of Christmas shopping. Really have to focus. I want to have this book finished by the end of Feb.

Been thinking I might post some seasonal treats. Any requests? Could be snippets from my published stuff or a work in progress, or maybe a fly by from a favourite character. Let me know what you fancy.



5 comments:

MB (Leah) said...

Yay, congrats on selling your stories/book. I'm, as ever, looking forward to reading them! :D

I'll bet that "Bloody Book" is going to be bloody brilliant when you're done. Can't wait.

Madelynne Ellis said...

I certainly hope so. I'm hoping to sell it on proposal as a two book deal (I can dream can't I?) Already written the blurb for book 2, and rather astonishing have come up with a totally ace title.

Victoria Janssen said...

SCORE!!! and SCORE!!!

Justine Elyot said...

Fantastic news! Especially about the novel. I'll keep my eyes peeled for it.

Saskia Walker said...

Wahay! I'm so thrilled for you! Many congrats on both counts. Can't wait to hear more.