Saturday, January 30, 2010

Chapter 1043: In which desire overcomes sense

So, I caved to Eric. Lord Eric. Come worship my sexy Swedishness (to horribly misquote Charlotte Stein) and bought a ruddy hardcover. Dunno where the damn thing is going to sit on the shelf, but at least I'll have me a new fix, cause it's not like I have anything else to read at the moment (ignoring ridiculous towering tbr pile), but sometimes you just have to go with the urge... lol...

Anyway, writing stuff...

The Bloody book has reached the halfway stage. Blaze and Raven are currently poncing about on a burning bridge about to get sliced and diced and have arrows shot at their butts, but Blaze seems to think this is an appropriate moment to worry about the fact that his girlfriend has done gone and left him, and his grandmother is dead. Oh, and he's a teeny bit concerned about what's on the other side of the bridge, cause he foolishly forgot to ask about the exact details of that before he agreed to run across it. Silly boy. Result is that he's been stuck there for two days now, while I deliberate who to send in to help him.

Yep, so that's the writing.

Other stuff... I have a new full length Edwardian style coat and a steel boned corset, all ready for Victorian High Jinx in a fortnight. Must sort some other props and whatnots out this weekend so that I'm set.

2 comments:

Victoria Janssen said...

Can we see a pic of the coat? Pretty please?

Madelynne Ellis said...

It's plain black, so really nothing exciting to look at on the hanger. I'll see if I can persuade someone to take some pics of me wearing it at the event.