Sunday, January 10, 2010

Newsflash


The contract for Enticement has finally been agreed and signed, so I can announce the sale without fear of jinxing anything.

I've sold Enticement to Samhain!

You might recall if you were paying attention last year that this is the contemporary threesome novel that I originally sold on proposal to Black Lace. Unfortunately, when they decided to shut up shop, the book ended up in limbo.

I debated sending it out to NY, but it really is a very British setting and both I and fabbo agent agreed that this was likely to make it a hard sell.

Anyway, I'm thrilled to be joining Samhain. As soon as I have a publication date I'll let you all know.

Meanwhile, to my continued amusement, I actually had another offer for this book from a print publisher about 10 minutes after the offer from Samhain arrived. Wow! How to feel popular. It's just a shame that I had to turn one of them down.

--
Recently watched: Tropic Thunder
Currently listening to: Nothing
Currently reading: Just finished Lover Avenged by J R Ward.

8 comments:

Sedonia Guillone said...

Hey Madelynne - major congrats on your sale. That's so cool! And even though you had to turn down the other pub, it's wonderful to have had other offers. I'm so happy for you. And I love that picture. IT's the one that got me started on Gackt. Still going....

Madelynne Ellis said...

Thanks, Sedonia. This picture is the inspiration for Kit, who is my favourite character in the story.

Saskia Walker said...

Many congratulations, Madelynne! So pleased to hear that things are moving forward again, after the sad BL news.

Justine Elyot said...

So pleased for you - and I'll be watching the 'Coming Soon' page at Samhain like a hawk.

Lucy Felthouse said...

Congrats! I'm glad your work found a home. :)

Janine Ashbless said...

Cogratulations Madelynne! This is great.

Madelynne Ellis said...

Thanks for all the congrats ladies. I'm really thrilled about selling this book.

Sedonia Guillone said...

I can't wait to read that book when it's ready!