Friday, February 19, 2010

Busy me

So, in case anyone hasn't figured it. I'm busy. I wish I could say this was due to being neck deep in my WIP, sadly I'm simply overwhelmed with all the other bits of life that crop up to make things difficult.

I did head off to my Victorian event last weekend and did a bit of chilling, so maybe some photos of that sometime soon when I get my hands on some. I didn't actually take any pics myself. Costumes were gorgeous, everyone had put lots of work into them. Unfortunately, as all the ladies were laced into corsets we couldn't appreciate the seven course meal as thoroughly as we'd have liked.

However, I have learned that it's entirely possible to tight lace yourself into back fastening corset, so don't let anyone tell you that you can't. You just require extremely long laces, and the fastening in the centre of the back. You then tie the laces around the front of the corset, which came in really useful for hanging my pocket watch from.

Enough of that...

The Bloody Book now stands about 56K. I've written virtually nothing for the last fortnight, but I'm desperate to get back into it and have it moving along again. It's currently in the "quiet" lull before the storm hits, and boy is it going to hit.

Really enjoying this book, but I'm also looking forward to finishing it and working on something shorter for a few weeks.

-----
Recently watched: Nowt
Currently listening to: Kiddies home for holidays
Currently reading: Covet by J R Ward.

4 comments:

Portia Da Costa said...

Looking forward to seeing those Victorian pix! And a chance to thoroughly quiz you about corset wearing and lacing etc.

Victoria Janssen said...

Yes, do post pix!

Bev(QB) said...

I'll "third" that request, please!

Madelynne Ellis said...

I will, when I actually have some.