Friday, March 19, 2010

Netbook woes

After several agonising days of netbook woes, we've finally solved the problem of non-responsive touchpad and non-functioning USB ports. Was it the full factory reset that did it?

Shakes head.
Oh no!

Was it the magically reinstalled software?

Nope, not that either.

No, the problems were solved by pressing Fn F7 and taking the battery out for a few seconds and then rebooting.

Sigh!

I'm glad it's fixed and it didn't turn out to be anything more major, but really... WTF is your damage, computer? Shakes fist.

We now return to normal programming... Book is progressing nicely. 75% done, in fact, which means my mind keeps wandering onto what comes next. I'm thinking maybe a nice quick novella, and then maybe I'll let either Vaughan or Darleston out of the box.

4 comments:

Bev(QB) said...

"and then maybe I'll let either Vaughan or Darleston out of the box."

I can haz vote plz? ;-D

Madelynne Ellis said...

Absolutely.

Bev(QB) said...

Oh yeah? Then I say BOTH of them! :-D

Madelynne Ellis said...

LOL! I'm not sure the world's ready for them both together. They're bad enough when they get together in my head.