Thursday, May 20, 2010

Return from the Void

Um, helloooooo!

Yep, sorry about that, not only have I been competing for the world's most abysmal blogger award by not posting for nearly a month, I still haven't finished the Bloody Book that was supposed to be done by the end of April at the latest.

Seriously, 103K and I'm so, so, close that the end is just over the horizon behind that half-crazed alchemist, but he keeps on drawing things out of the ether and flinging them in the way. Pretty soon I'm going to have one of his damn magical whatnots misfire so I can have someone tie him up and throw him off a roof. Actual plot be damned.

Please, whoever it is who keeps on moving the finishing line could you quit, could ya? The plot bunnies in my head are multiplying and its really hard to write with them jumping about all over and eating all the lovely foliage that I keep around to provide shady corners for my shady characters to lurk within.

Ahem!

Anyhow, May isn't going so well. I've seen the insides of far too many hospital and hotel rooms and I'd really like June to be a nice, quiet month in which I do nothing but sit in the sunshine and doodle on notepads. Failing that, I'll settle for rain and a months supply of coffee and biscuits with which to indulge myself while working on the proposal for my NEXT novel.

I'm sorry Blaze, my lovely. I think you're wonderful, I truly do, but it's been nine months and I'm sure you must have got to grips with the whole demon thing by now. What's that? 100K only covers four days of time...golly, does it really. Well, four days is quite a long time really, and you can handle it seeing how your a big boy and all that.

Okay, time to go bust some Talon butt.

Recently watched: Ashes to Ashes
Currently listening to: The flowers growing.
Currently reading: Princess Mirror-Belle by Julia Donaldson

2 comments:

Sedonia Guillone said...

Hey Madelynne - I hope things are going better! Hugs, Sedonia

Victoria Janssen said...

It's good to hear from you!