Monday, June 21, 2010

...and yet more sex.

So, the Bloody book is still stewing. It's out with a few readers, and once I have some feedback from them I'll make another sweep on it. Meanwhile, I've dived into a short erotic novella-- in first person present tense! Don't ask me why because I haven't the foggiest. Normally, I run away from using first person for anything longer than a short story. Okay, so this started out as a short story and just kept on growing. Must try and keep it below 15K, I really must. But returning to the point, for all that it's first person I'm rather enjoying it. Part of that enjoyment stems from this being a really short project. The Bloody book took months after all, and this will probably take me a fortnight start to finish. Secondly, it's pretty much wall to wall sex. Not sure what that says, maybe it's a reaction to having been stuck in urban fantasy land, where the sex is far more controlled for the last however long it was. Then again, maybe it's because there's not enough plot and I feel obliged to make up for it with gratuitous smexing. Either way, it's fun.

*****
Recently watched: I Am Legend
Currently listening to: A really annoying bluebottle.
Currently reading: Lover Mine by JR Ward.

No comments: