Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Sweet Surprises.

I went on a visit to Shugborough Hall last Wednesday. I wasn't expecting much. The last time I was there, twelve years ago, I found it so-so. Let's just say that this time I came away cursing at my lack of  a camera and zilch battery life left on my phone.


They have an entire collection of carriages! Seriously, a whole room full of them, all nicely labelled so you can see which one is a barouche and what's a phaeton etc I'm going to have to go back just for the carriages. Rest of the place was pretty fun too. I managed to find some Sasparilla Tablets (yay!) haven't had them in years and normally sweet shop owners look at me slightly cross eyed when I ask for them, but Shugborough had them. Very, very happy about that. Just a shame I didn't have much money on me, so could only have a small bag. Actually, maybe that's a good thing, I don't really need a whole jar of them.

Back home now having been camping and the novellas are shaping up. I've another 3K to go on the second Georgian romp and then it's synopsis time and onto revisions on the Bloody Book before starting something new.

No comments: