Friday, September 17, 2010

Happy Release Day to Me


WOE IN KABUKICHO is out today! I'm so happy. It's already available at the Amazon Kindle store, and over on the Ai Press site. I know it's just down below, but here's the blurb again just as a reminder.


She never sought a connection… but a chance encounter with a beautiful stranger in Tokyo’s pleasure ward grants her one heartfelt desire.

A visit to a host bar in Kabukicho while on a business trip to Japan results in a chance encounter with Sky, an incredibly sexy man whose job it is to entertain lonely women. Mutual attraction leads to an immediate connection forming between them. When Sky then offers to take things way beyond the pouring of cocktails, she finds it impossible to refuse his illicit offer and they embark upon a night of erotic adventure together. However, what she gains is so much more than a fleeting sexual high—but the realisation of her heart’s desire.
Now that I've done the pitch bit, I thought I'd inflict my inspiration/research material on you, which naturally starts with a picture of Gackt. Yup, this one below. This is how I imagine Kit.



Ahem! Then the research. a) You know Google Earth is really good fun and useful, especially when you can't just nip over to Japan to check out Kabukicho street life and how close the nearest park happens to be. b) This film, Gigolo Wannabe, is illogical and extremely silly, yet still quite fun. I seriously doubt it bares much resemblance to what it's like in a real host bar, but it was one angle. And c) Highly recommended is the BBC series Japanorama, particularly the episode titled Ai & Koi.

Hope you enjoy the story.

-----
Recently watched: Lots of Hazard Perception Test clips.
Currently listening to: Re:born by Gackt
Currently reading: Rough Cut by Mari Carr

2 comments:

Sedonia Guillone said...

Yay I'm so excited! Madelynne - did you receive your author copies?

Madelynne Ellis said...

Nope, not yet. I'm excited too.