Sunday, December 19, 2010

Advent Calender Day 19: Portia Da Costa

My guest today is my super duper fab-o-rific writing buddy Portia Da Costa. Who is, of course, also a star of erotica and erotic romance. Here she's sharing an excerpt from the first outing in her Ladies Sewing Circle stories from Spice Briefs.


Excerpt from A GENTLEWOMAN’S PREDICAMENT

Inquisitive widow Sofia Harewood attends the House of Madame Chamfleur in order to discover what sensual delights she missed out on during her marriage…

“You’re very beautiful, my dear,” whispers Ambrose, hand still upon me, “But you’re a modest young woman and I know all this is new to you.” His mouth is so close to my cheek that I almost imagine he’s going to kiss me. But he doesn’t. “Perhaps you’d like to retain your undergarments for the moment, to spare your blushes?”

Spare them? Too late for that. My entire body is in a state of conflagration. He’s barely touched me but I’m an inferno down below.

“Come along, Mrs. Harewood. Let’s get you settled comfortably on the chaise.”

Like the proverbial lamb to the slaughter, I let him lead me to the plush, upholstered couch and help me up onto it. As I settle into place, not knowing what to expect, I close my eyes. And as I prepare to meet my fate, Clarence’s skillful fingers ease the pins from my hair and fan it out across the cushions. All the while, Ambrose lightly strokes my hand.
What am I doing here? Why am I allowing these two men that are scarcely even acquaintances make free with my clothing and my body? I must have lost my wits or the Madeira was drugged.

But I know that’s not so. And I know this is what I’ve wanted for a long time. The thing I knew existed but was missing from my life.

When my pulses have settled, and I’ve calmed a little, Ambrose releases my hand and gets straight down to business. Slowly, seductively, he strokes my cheek, then my chin, then my throat. A moment later, he’s at the tiny silk ribbons that fasten the front of my chemise, undoing them swiftly.
Without speaking, he folds the soft fabric aside and exposes my pale body to his gaze, and to Clarence’s.

When he touches me, really touches me, I cry out like a child, and instantly Clarence is at my head, stroking my hair like a skilled groom calming a skittish pony. He murmurs to me, “There, there…” while Ambrose handles my breasts, gently fondling and cupping and kneading.

His actions are light, circumspect, almost respectful, but their effect is like nothing I’ve ever known. I squirm on the upholstery, my body excited, twisting and uneasy. When he increases the intensity of his caresses, I whimper helplessly. How can this be? How can such simple manipulations create such a cornucopia of delight. My late husband mauled my bosom, and I felt nothing then.

But now… now, Ambrose’s fingers are so clever, so devilish. He plucks at my nipples, playing with them in a way that feels like he’s playing with my entire body and setting light to the most divine, unknown sensations. I wriggle shamelessly, scissoring my thighs in a lewd and passionate frenzy, wanting more, more, more. Anything to assuage the rapidly gathering inner tingling.

“You see, Mrs. Harewood, you are a sensual woman!” Ambrose’s voice is both cajoling and triumphant, and yet an intimate whisper, right in my ear. While he still plays with my breasts, Clarence moves again, towards the foot of the chaise.

My eyes fly open.

Whatever are they planning now?

Discover more about A GENTLEWOMAN’S PREDICAMENT here:
And check out it’s sequel A GENTLEWOMAN’S RAVISHMENT here:
A Gentlewoman's Predicament by Portia Da Costa
Harlequin Spice Briefs ® 2010 ISBN TBA
© 2010 Portia Da Costa
® and ™ are trademarks of the publisher

Portia Da Costa writes historical and contemporary erotic romance for Spice Briefs and has two titles scheduled with Samhain Publishing in 2011. Her Victorian set erotic romance IN THE FLESH will be published by Harlequin Spice in January 2012 and she’s also written for Black Lace and various other publishers.

http://www.portiadacosta.com

http://wendyportia.blogspot.com

No comments: