Thursday, March 31, 2011

Long Overdue

It feels like aeons since I last paid my poor blog any attentions. Hopefully, this post will bring things up to speed on what's been going on in Madworld over the last month or so, and allow me to get back into the swing of things.

First up, the reason for my absence. I moved house! OMG, the trauma, the back breaking labour involved, and that was allowing for the removal men doing most of the work. I can't fault their efforts. They might have looked like two ordinary guys with not much muscle between them, but whoa... I can't believe how much heavy furniture and boxes they moved without so much as breaking a sweat.

I'm now mostly settled in my new study at the new house, but I'm also still surround by boxes. I've a feeling it's going to be like this for a while.

Okay, move completed. I took my driving test on Tuesday. And passed first time! Yay! I don't know what driving tests are like in other countries, but in the UK they're damn hard work. I'm so relieved to not have to do it again.

While the above has been going on, I've also had my typical writing workload to contend with too. Ai Press have acquired both Indiscretions and Three Times the Scandal(formerly known as Fortuna). The digital version of the latter will be released during April. There's more information about Three Times the Scandal here. A print release will follow later in the year.

Here's a look at the lovely cover. I love how it fits with the look of the previous books.




I'm so pleased this book is finally going to be available and I can finally share this offshoot of the world I first created in A Gentleman's Wager. I hope people are going to share my love of both Giles Dovecote and his rakehell friends the Darleston twins.

Speaking of Darleston, he's still giving me a headache as I finish of his book. I've about another 20K to write, but the proposal is already with my agent.

4 comments:

Victoria Janssen said...

What a gorgeous cover!

Saskia Walker said...

It's so good to see you back online properly. Here's hoping your new workspace will witness many wonderful new projects! :) Many congrats on passing your test, and for the Rainbow Award placement. Lots of good things happening with you at the mo, and I love your cover for Three Times the Scandal. Can't wait to read it!

Nikki Magennis said...

good to hear from you, Madelynne. Grats on your test - the world is your oyster now! And happy new house.

Zusi said...

Hope you're all enjoying the new house. Congrats on the passing your driving test. Nick still hasn't done anything. When he got his job the January after you all graduated he said he'd learn to drive within 6 months. That was before we got married 13 years ago! He's still working there too. Anyway, I have got a good navigator. I don't need sat nav when I have Nick Nav. LOL