Monday, April 18, 2011

Playing with Vaughan.


Around all the craziness that is life at the moment, I've been working on Indiscretions again. Why? Well, my editor at Ai Press pointed out what I already knew, that it was more of an m/m interlude between Vaughan and Lucerne than a menage a trois. Hence to bring it more in line with the other books, I've been expanding it. You know what that means, dontcha? Yup, I had to let Vaughan out to play. Bad idea, because naturally he was somewhat peeved at having been locked up for so long. Don't worry, he soon came round. He likes playing the villain too much not to.

Anyway, Indiscretions is now twice the length it started. Definitely more of a short novella than a short story and totally smoking hot.

What really surprises me though, is how fast the words have come. Not that I've turned this around in three days or anything (way too much non-writing stuff going on for that), but when I have sat down to write, I've managed pages without really noticing. Maybe familiarity simply makes it easier to write, maybe it's simply that my writing time is so scarce at the moment.

I do know that working on Indiscretions has given me a bit of a shove towards picking up the pieces that were left at the end of Phantasmagoria. Vaughan is simply too much fun. He's also, believe it or not, far less angst ridden than Darleston. Plus, he doesn't care what anyone else thinks, whereas Darleston does.

So, back to writing HHL (aka Darleston) later today. It's all plotted out, so I've only the final sprint to accomplish. Then, it ought to be on to the few novellas I've planned, but who knows. Maybe I'll squeeze Vaughan in there somewhere. I think I ought to before I launch into my "scary" secret project, otherwise we might not see him again for years.

5 comments:

Bev(QB) said...

"You know what that means, dontcha? Yup, I had to let Vaughan out to play."

I seriously shivered with goosebumps when I read that... in a very, VERY good way!

Madelynne Ellis said...

Ah, QB... I've seriously enjoyed playing with Vaughan again. Plus, the timing is right now to start seriously thinking about TSK as once Darleston's book is finished we've reached the correct point in time. (That makes sense to me, honest. I have this timeline of events in my head you see.)Although, I do have this itty bit of a meeting between the two men to consider first.LOL!

Good to hear from you btw.

Chele Blades said...

Vaughn Lucerne & Bella...they are my ultimate favs...i really hope they find someway to work it all out...I think desrves a lil more than she is getting even if she says it does not bother her....but Vaughn is the ultimate bad boy who I feel in love with and no matter what would continue to love...you know how we all go for the bad boys even when you realize its not gonna go there...but i hope for a HEA for those three (together)!


do you have a release date for the new & improved Indiscretions ?

respectfully a fan
Chele

Madelynne Ellis said...

Hi Chele,

but I hope for a HEA for those three (together)!

Well, I have an idea of how it all ends, but I've no doubt Vaughan will turn everything upside down and make a mockery of my plans.

I don't have a precise date for Indiscretions yet, beyond soon (as in next month or so). Watch the sidebar for the date. It'll go up there as soon as I know.

Sedonia Guillone said...

You're right, Madelynne - this story is now smoking hot. Vaughan seems like a really fun character to write - it seems he writes himself using your hand. lol. Anyway, I'll have the story available as soon as I can. I would have had it done today but there was a glitch with the cover size. I have Les fixing it and as soon as it's ready, I'll get it released. Very soon!