Thursday, July 14, 2011

Bleurk!

This is me at the moment with my red nose and tickly ears, feeling sorry for myself. So much for all my good intentions at the start of the week. I was determined I was going to get the final final (well, until it sells) version of Darleston's book off to my agent on Tuesday. That didn't quite work out. Last chapter needed more work that I could manage in one day, then I spent all of Tuesday at school sports day being crisped by the sun. Wednesday's are always a total wash out, which brings me to today. I've done well I think, 2.5K is a rare achievement for me at the best of times, let alone when I've spent most of the day comatose due to the head cold from hell. The end is almost in sight (for the book, sadly not the cold). It's better for the rewrites. I'd finished things off too quickly the first time around. I was too eager to finish at the time. Projects get like that. Sometimes you have to distance yourself then come back and tidy up afterwards.

Only a few days left on my Goodreads giveaway for anyone who hasn't entered. It's set to finish on my Birthday. I'm not normally very materialistic over birthdays these days, mostly I just like to enjoy breakfast in bed and not being harassed too much, however, I know what one of my presents is going to be as it's currently sitting in the hall, and I'm stupidly excited about it. It aint often that something brings quite such a smile to my face. More on that next week.

No comments: