Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Sniffles

I'm full of stinking cold at the moment. Stinking because it's one of those stealth bugs that fools you into thinking you're well when you're not. It came out of nowhere on Friday and turned my throat into a prickly hedgehog, annihilated a few brain cells and then pretty much disappeared again. Now, it's sudden returned and installed trapdoors in my sinuses that make it virtually impossible to breath regardless of whether the darn things are open or closed. Closed beats the leaky tap effect of them being open.

Hence, it's no wonder I'm a little down on my word count goal (only 1000 words). It's so hard to write sexy stuff when you're a walking germ mine. That said, the shortfall could also be attributed to my fascination with the projects that are supposed to be waiting in the wings. I did a bit of outlining on one of those projects yesterday, which is gearing up to be a three guys/one girl situation. Though possibly not on a permanent basis.

I'm still seeing flashes of the SF thing I'm contemplating too, along with snapshots of Vaughan et al. One of the things I want to get done soon is to drag out my notebooks from when I was writing Phantasmagoria and go through the notes/scenes I wrote for AGW3 at the time. I'm also toying with the idea of writing a Xmas story from Lucerne's point of view to post on my blog during advent. I was going to do that last year, which perhaps gives you and idea of how slowly things sometimes move.

Okay, need to get out of bed now. Kiddies Halloween party looms. At least I'll blend in with the other zombies.

1 comment:

Life Line said...

I just got over my cold about a month ago now my mom has it.