Monday, October 10, 2011

Where have all the good words gone?

I'm 36K words into Nookie Island now. Yep, things have slowed down. Matter of fact, I've been fighting with it for well over a week. I'm over the frantic rush at the beginning to get the words down and make it work, over the elation of acceptance, and mired in the reality of getting the damn book written.

There's a secondary problem with the words slowing to a trickle in that I start doubting myself. Note: this is not intended as a woe is me speech. Think of it as more of an observation of the facts.

FEWER WORDS = BAD MOOD = I SUCK AT WRITING = BAD MOOD = FEWER WORDS

I think all writers go through this. We all doubt ourselves. At least, all of the ones I've ever met. We get over it too. I'll keep on writing and suddenly it'll all fall into place. That or I just have to keep plodding until I reach the end. Every book is different. Some of them flow onto the paper better than others. This one, I think, is going to be a choppy ride.

Oh, nearly forgot to mention the lovely review of Enticement I received from Rage, Sex & Teddy Bears. Who said "I think that if you enjoy menage stories at all, this should definitely be on your list. It takes a very graphic and hard look at the lifestyle without losing any of the innate sexiness." You can read the complete review here.

No comments: