Thursday, November 03, 2011

Midway Mayhem

View of Fort Clonque (Nookie Island)
Nookie Island is on pause at 51K. For various reasons including having cold, school holidays and natural writing flow. The prose had begun to stall and the character motivations were becoming rather woolly. I really ought to know better than to think I can write an entire first draft without revisiting anything. Hence, I'm taking a break from getting words down this week in order to edit what I've already written. Hopefully by tightening up what I have, I'll find it easier to move forward. The other added bonus is that I love editing far more than I enjoy creating a first draft.

I've revised the work plan for 2012 to slightly more realistic levels now, having incorporated mid-book editing timing. I'm still hoping to write the best part of four novels next year. I'm sick of having all these books hanging around that I never seem to get to.

Currently on the schedule. AGW3, The 2nd Bloody Book, a contemporary erotic novel, a couple of historical novelettes, a SciFi novella and an Edwardian mystery.

Oh, and fingers crossed WE WERE LOVERS ONCE will soon be available on Smashwords and their affiliates, assuming I haven't mucked up the formatting requirements.

No comments: