Monday, December 19, 2011

Where I'm At.

The last month has been crazy, and that's without going into the details of my non-writing life. If I added those it, I think the polite term would be mental. The impolite term isn't printable. However, sticking to the writing front... crazy, yeah.

Let's see,
  •  I've had the cover for my Spice Briefs outing, Gabriel's Naughty Game, due in Feb 2012.
  •  I've signed a contract with Total-E-Bound for another contemporary menage novella, called Sharing Adam which is going to appear in one of their anthologies.
  •  I've signed on the dotted line with a super seckrit publisher, after some negotiations who will be publishing Nookie Island (though not under that title) in 2012. Speaking of which, I really do need to make that deadline. 10K to go folks.
  •  I've parted company with my agent. Kind of sad about that, but it makes more sense in terms of the markets I'm looking at currently.
  • The Bloody Book, actual title Blood Moon is currently been edited and is due for release shortly.
  • Kim Killion of HotDamn Designs has created a totally gorgeous cover for Blood Moon that I think I may actually love it the best out of all the covers I've ever had.
  • I've put together a short story written by my kids for Mr Madelynne's birthday. It hasn't been released, but it is wonderful in a way that only stories written by children can be.
  • We Were Lovers Once is currently free at most sites that aren't Amazon.
  • Oh, and I'm still debating the future of my Romps & Rakehells novellas.
All in all, far too much to think about at once. Especially as it means that in the first half of 2012 I can currently look forward to
  • edits on 4 projects. You know they're going to arrive at once.
  • Working on The Bloody Book 2, which also has Moon in the title.
  • Actually writing the proposal for a second project to go to the seckrit publisher, rather than the vague idea I've so far presented.
  • Finally writing AGW3.
  • Getting my act together over Romps & Rakehells.
  • Actually doing something with the half written novel on my hard drive. I'm considering posting it as a serial on my blog. Opinions on that idea are very welcome.
  • Oh, and sorting out what I'm going to do with the second half for 2012.
 What have the rest of you planned for next year?



1 comment:

Justine Elyot said...

Why does absolutely everything always happen at once in the 2nd/3rd week of December? I should be prepared for it, I suppose.

As for 2012, mine is looking remarkably like yours - but with different titles. It's certainly going to be an interesting year, I think.

I hope you get space for a bit of r&r in the Christmas season.