Saturday, February 04, 2012

Rescheduling

It's been a while since I had a real deadline, especially one that placed any real pressure on me. Anything But Vanilla (aka Nookie Island) was due in on Tuesday. I'm pleased to say that I made the deadline, though there have definitely been times during the writing process when I wondered if I would. I've already heard back from my editor at Mischief who had this to say:

Just finished ABV. I think the sex scenes are really filthy in an affecting intense way throughout - maybe the best I've read from you.What an opening too. I do like the book a lot and I think it packs so much contemporary female fantasy onto one island.
 So, that's taken a big weight off my shoulders.

I was supposed to be celebrating this weekend with a trip to Manchester to meet up with Janine Ashbless and Charlotte Stein, but due to a variety of unforeseen circumstances (snow, gravel, sick children, deadlines & training courses) we've had to postpone our chinwag until a later date. However, being stuck at home does mean I can focus my attention on the backlog of other projects, which looks something like this.

  • Format Blood Moon for publication.
  • Revisit Romps & Rakehells 1 and 2 ready for final submission.
  • Address the revise and resubmit I have on HHL.
  • Write a new novel proposal.
  • Complete Romps & Rakehells 3.
  • Start work on The Bloody Book 2.
  • Start work on AGW3 (it keeps being put off).
  • Update my website.
I'm also awaiting copy edits on a few projects which are likely to land in the next few weeks. All in all 2012 is rather busy.

2 comments:

Charlotte Stein aka The Mighty Viper said...

Am so excited to read this book, hon. It's so far up my alley it's practically having sex against the brick.

Madelynne Ellis said...

No brick sex included in this book, hun. Just sex against a rock, and over the kitchen table, and against the canal railings and on camera... I'm sure you get the idea. :)