Let me backtrack a little. At the end of last year I worked my socks off to get Anything But Vanilla in just over four months (that's unbelievably fast for me). The trouble came afterwards. With the exception of revisions on books already accepted for publication, I've written virtually nothing since January. Now, some of that it down to life being plain old shitty, but not all of it. Nor has it been down to a lack of ideas. There seem to be plenty of them zipping about my brain. Anyway, the result is that I really need to knuckle down now and write if I'm going to make any headway with the projects in the writing queue.
1. First up, is a 40K secret project story with a contemporary setting. I'm one chapter in. I think it's growing on me, but it's definitely a bit of a challenge. I don't want it to just be a bonk buster. It'd be nice to get a little bit of emotion and romance in there too.
2. Is a story of friends reconnecting after many years apart. Again, I'm just into the second chapter. I have a pretty solid plan for where this one is going, but that doesn't necessarily make it easier to write. I'm also still undecided on how long it's going to be. 40-80K I guess.
3. The follow up to Anything But Vanilla. Kara, Ric and Zach are back for more punishment, although the main story focus is on Ric's wayward cousin and Kara's brother. I'm looking forward to working on this one. I think it's going to be fun. At least 80K of it.
4. It's been put off for years, but I really, really do want to get back to Vaughan, Lucerne and Bella. I've left them at that precarious point for too long. It's time I actually got the rest of their story down on paper. Another 80-100K
5. More Blaze and Asha... Might have to change the coming soon date for that one. Hedging my bets here. Let's say 90K
6. I think I'm supposed to write some short stories too, but you all know I hate that prospect, right? 4K each, but I might as well list them as individual novels. They take about the same time to write.
7. For a moment there I thought I'd reached the end, but no, I'd simply forgotten that I have the next outing in my Romps & Rakehells series to write. I'm planning 8 in total BTW. (5x12K)
8. All the other stuff. Yep, I'm cheating and bundling it here together. I think it includes a yaoi style caper, a Sci Fi mystery, and of course, the Cryptozoology book. (Gazillions)
That makes a grand total of far too much. I think it may just be a while before I can pop up for air again.