Friday, October 19, 2012

Phantasmagoria Audio

Writing like crazy at the moment, so much so that I almost let this release slip past without remark. At the start of the month, the audio version of Phantasmagoria was released for the first time. A Gentleman's Wager has been available for some time, and I'd always hoped that Random House would release Phantasmagoria too. Well, they have, and while I still find it really hard to listen to my own words being spoken aloud, I have say I'm impressed with the narrator they've chosen. I haven't listened to the whole thing yet. There's over eight hours of narration. But I am intending to.

What I like is that Roxy Isles has made an attempt at the characters accents. Hence, Bella has a slight Yorkshire twang, and there's a certain playfulness about the reading style too. Is this how I hear the characters in my head? No, not exactly, but when it comes to books, everyone has their own interpretation.

You can check out a sample on Audible, where it's also available to buy.

Audible.co.uk  | Audible.com

1 comment:

Remittance Girl said...

Finally!!! YAY. I'm addicted to audiobooks. This is SOOOO MINE! Right now.

Hugs and congrats.

RG