Monday, July 15, 2013

UK GLBTQ Meet 2013

It's Monday, I'm shattered (that's normal), but I'm also enjoying the post conference high I've arrived home on after spending the weekend in Manchester at the UK. I turned up on Friday afternoon nervous, and not knowing anyone, but soon met some lovely people, and enjoyed spending meal times, the evenings, and the times between panels chatting about writing and the industry in general. Shout-outs in particular to Marie Sexton, Josephine Myles, Charlie Cochrane, RJ Scott, Rowan Speedwell, Bruin Fisher, and Serena Yates. You were all lovely, and I hope to see you again at future meets. Bruin, thanks for being my breakfast date on Saturday morning. I hope your pitch went well later in the day.

Highlights include hanging out at the Richmond Tea Rooms late on Saturday evening, when things had cooled off a little, listening to the various panels and being able to take a shower without the family banging on the door wanting something.  Oh, and getting to hand out chocolate to people. Strangely enough, they seemed to like that too :) I also need to mention Marie Sexton's shoes, which were truly gorgeous, and I'm not really a shoe person.

 The one low-point, and at least I can laugh about it now, even though it was horrible at the time was getting stuck in the hotel lift along with 7 other people for 45 minutes on Friday night, in that muggy, stifling heat. We were eventually rescued by the fire service. And no, I can't remember if they were cute. I'm sure the experience will creep into some future project though.

Speaking of projects, I'm currently between them. Come Undone, which has been taking up ALL of my time for the last six months is finally done. Revisions completed and with the copy editor, done. You can probably hear the huge sigh of relief attached to those words. Now it's over, I love it as much as all my other books, but it's been a tough journey to get here. Everything is now gearing up to making the release happen. It's due out 22nd August. I'll do a cover reveal as soon as the image is finalized. The version I've seen is still missing the strap-line/subtitle. It's very yummy though, and I do love it.

So, what comes next?

A short break. Then I've Tupping the Temptress to write, Vaughan, Lucerne and Bella to appease and more Black Halo to tackle. Black Halo are the gothic metal band that appear in Come Undone. I'll be posting more about them over the next few weeks, introducing the various characters in the run up to the book's release.

Meanwhile, here's the unofficial blurb, to give you a taste of what's to come.

When red-hot, Goth-metal band, Black Halo, split live on stage, fate throws Daniella Fosbrook into the path of sexy vocalist Xane Geist. Initially, Xane’s only looking for a ride home, but Dani tempts him in a way a thousand other women haven’t. Determined to explore their heady chemistry and avoid hashing things out with the band, Xane whisks Dani off to Monaco for a steamy weekend.

There, Dani tries her best to hang onto her heart and some clothing, while Xane soon loses both. However, Xane isn’t being entirely honest about the reason for the band’s demise. When the truth comes out, can Dani accept the facts, or will everything come undone?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for the Vaughan, Laverne, and Bella sequel!

Muniera@aol.com

Madelynne Ellis said...

Me too :)

Charlie Cochrane said...

It was wonderful to meet you. :)

BTW, Cathy says the firemen were very cute. *hugs*

Madelynne Ellis said...

Then I shall take Cathy's word for it and tell everyone from now on that they were very cute :)