1. Total number of books I own:
I have no idea! Thousands, the house is groaning under the weight of them all. I find it very difficult to part with books even if I know I'll never read them again cause they're complete trash.
2. Last Book I bought:
Well that'd be books, as I never buy them singly. Let's see...
Almost a Gentleman, by Pam Rosenthal
Moongazer by Marianne Mancusi
Wired by Liz Maverick
The Vinter's Luck by Elizabeth Knox
Let Dai by Sooyeon Wan
Banana Fish Vol 6 by Akimi Yoshida
Cantarella by You Higuri
and Lovers in the Night by Fumi Yoshinga
No comments on them yet as I'm still trying to find the time to read them, although I have made a start on Almost a Gentleman and Let Dai.
3. Last Book I read:
That'd be the one I just finished writing, ie Phantasmagoria, prior to that it was Gorgeous Carat by You Higuri. Beautiful artwork, and lovely complex characters. Ah, but poor Florien...
4. Five books that mean a lot to me: (in no particular order)
1. Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien - I devoured this book when I was about thirteen. The history, the characters, the epic journey and the background. Wow... It never fails to captivate me. I've read it about 20 times.
2. The Sunne in Splendour by Sharon K Penman - Why did Edmund have to die... snuffle... I love this book. It combines loads of elements I love, family history, political machinations, history, romance and dubious morals.
3. Tale of a Vampire by Anne Rice - homoerotic vampires, need I say more.
4. The Poldark Series by Winston Graham - Not strictly a book, but a whole series. Actually, I've enjoyed everything I've read by Winston Graham. His characters are often quirky, but they are completely real and multi-faceted. I aspire to his greatness.
5. Yellow by Makoto Tateno - This is the series that really got me hooked on reading manga, and probably one of the most frustrating things I've ever read as I had to wait for each instalment to come out. I adore the way Taki wriggles his way out of encounters with Goh.
For others taking part check out QB's blog.